Monday, May 28, 2018

When I met Katy



Gosh, this is a hard one. Well, sort of. I mean, I wasn't seeing anyone at the time. I think I was taking a break from Logan. Hmm..when was that? Oh yeah, it was that time I went to that birthday party at the Motorcycle place.

Yeah, it was actually an engagement party. I just didn't know at the time. It was a friend of Logan's. Maybe..I thought I would see him, but I didn't.

And there was Katy...who was not too thrilled about this teenage guy (I found out later he was 21. I looked at his driver's license.) who kept wanting to dance with her. I think that's why we became friends, so fast. She was hiding from him.

"This is one thing, I don't need," I remember her saying her last boyfriend was like babysitting.

"Was he younger than you?" I asked.

"No." But she told me he had a potty mouth, even if he was good-looking. I nodded. I'd been there.

"Sometimes, it doesn't matter their age." We drank some mohitos, and I finally got up the nerve to do the two-step with that guy who was bugging her. She finally danced with him, too. It was a lot of fun.

His name was Tom, and he asked us to breakfast, but by then we ditched him and went on our way to the Waffle house..That's where we met this girl who looks a lot like Eleven on that Netflix show. That's another story, for sure.

No comments: