Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The 30 day Writing Challenge-Your definition of love


I think we are all looking for a love story. Its just it might not be as epic as you'd hoped. Still, its the excitement of it that gets one started on a journey they didn't know they would be in.

Sure, I think attraction has something to do with it, but I think the most unusual aspect is when you choose it, so blindly.

I've watched a few Chinese dramas with my sister. And there is always that sign that something might be good between them when he gives her a piggyback ride, what's even funnier when she struggles to give him a piggyback ride. Still, in those period pieces where you see her hugging him from the back and they take each step together, united..that's when you know its real love.

Or so one hopes. Sure, we want to meet each other's needs, but in the end, enjoying each other company is probably what it amounts too. Even then, that can be a struggle.

Yes, we all have good intentions. Love is Love, they say.

But first, you have to ask yourself if you deserve it. Will you be responsible enough for it? I'm not sure I'm there yet. I'm barely responsible for myself. So I guess, what I'm saying, be there for yourself, first. And hope that it's not too late to meet that someone who's going to have your back too.

Of course, when we are young, there is that infatuation of wanting to give presents, flowers, the little things, just because. And then you wake up, realizing who that person really is.

I don't know if love is reasonable, but remember, you wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but the one you've chosen to be with.

At the moment, I'm fine being with Rex. We seem to understand each other..

No comments: