Sunday, May 28, 2017

Zac & Lila

SMALL TOWN USA - Lila




Sleep was the only thing I really wanted.

How had I let this happen. I squinted hard and fell back against the sun lit pillow. How I wished it was a storm, a cloudy day. I didn't want to be awake.

When did Zac leave? I didn't want to care, but I did.

Why was he like this? That little punk.

He..made me want to punch him now, but it hadn't really been like that.

Of course, he got a big laugh, when we got to my place. It was just on the other side of Gil's place.

Honestly, I didn't know we lived in the same apartment complex. Naturally, Zac didn't believe him.

"I think you know him." Zac seethed in jealousy, just talking about Gil.

"I DO NOT KNOW HIM." This much was true. Although, I'd seen him around the college. After all, the dude is tall and definitely model worthy. All those things that Zac isn't.

After we shared a cigarette (Zac and me) I told him he was too short. A good reason why we should not date.

"Whats that got to do with anything? When you're horizontal." He chuckled with smoke in his mouth. I couldn't get that moment out of my head..even now.

He'd made me cough, maybe laugh.

I shook my head, no. No way, was that going to happen. Never.

I sighed now. Of course, I didn't know that for sure. Maybe, it already happened.

No comments: