Saturday, September 22, 2018

The 30 day Writing Challenge-Something that upsets you




Why do I want to laugh when I think about this?

It wears me down how Sara's parents feel about me. Well, maybe her mother doesn't, but she hasn't shown her face, nor called Sara once since she's been at my house.

What's so terrible, I have put it out of my mind, some of the things he said.

And it all goes back to my Native American roots. I've seen it before. I've seen how the cops treat my kind in this town. Don't have a shirt on, you're going to jail. Yeah, I saw it with my own eyes.

That fellow wasn't even drunk. Just walking down the street with his woman on a hot day and he gets pulled aside. He must be up to no good.

I get that feeling from Sara's dad. As is I intend to bring shame to her when all along I know she must be ashamed for having parents like that.

OK, I don't know if it would have changed things if I'd told him I was marrying her on the spot or I'd won the lottery that I was giving to her. I doubt that would have changed anything.

Its just I will always be a halfbreed and nothing good can from me.

No comments: