Saturday, September 1, 2018

The 30 day Writing Challenge - Introduce yourself

Find out more about this challenge at Heck Yeah Tumbler.


My name is Mason Fish. Many will tell you I don't look like a Mason and I certainly don't look like a fish. Although my grandmother mentioned once I had Fish eyes. And the kids at school called me Fish, just because-and well, it stuck. Even my mom calls me Fish now.

I don't know if I'm all that significant. Sure, I've caught the eye of this one at a dance, or even at a picture show, but I'm possibly the laziest human on earth. I come from a long line of procrastinators who'd rather stay in their den than to get out there and be anyone's hero.

I just might be my very best own enemy. But then there is my dad, and maybe that's where I learned it from. So yeah, I might look like a runner, a soccer player or one who might know what LaCross was, but truth be told I'd rather be playing video games in the basement. Some might say I'm useless.

Technically, I guess I'm good looking, but I dunno if I've got the personality to go with it. Just don't have the energy for it, I guess. I'm good at tolerating most things. And I'm not one to get in a fight.

Not to say I haven't seen a few.

But at the moment I'm taking care of sales down at Family Fare with a price gun in hand. Might not be the most fabulous job in the world. At least, I've got my space in the basement and I have plenty of time to lounge with my dog Rex, who might have been a wolf in another life.

No comments: