Sunday, September 9, 2018

The 30 day Writing Challenge-Your beliefs



At the moment all I feel is coldness like a very long winter in my mind. What has happened to Derry?

I want to figure it out. I want to know, something.

When I was small, I felt very certain God was guiding me, telling me to be good to do the right thing with respect for nature and those around me. And now I should know what that is.

But it doesn't feel so warm and golden anymore. Is that what age does to you?

Deep down, I know all those earthly possessions makes one weak and oblivious to what is really going on.

Sometimes, I wish I was five again. I might be a monk, gardening somewhere and appreciating nature. I'm not sure I believe anything anymore.

But yes, somewhere in my cold heart I believed in a higher calling. I believed we should be thankful for every day. I believed we should be humble and kind.  I believed where I was going wasn't to stay here on earth.

No comments: