Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ash's birthday

Happy Birthday Bae....


The truth is I don't believe in magic. And well, I was not suppose to meet anyone that night at that party. Seriously. I came alone. I would leave alone.

After all my best friend had finally found a boy he could not live without. And yeah, I felt like the 3rd wheel.

And the same old tunes were playing. It was really the same old stuff on rewind, just with a few new faces I didn't know. But hey, these guys were going to drink up in the kitchen. Maybe make some brownies, which I doubted by the way. Even so, I'd be gone by then.

Probably walk those six blocks in the cold, by the beach, alone.

Yeah, you're probably feeling really sorry for me by now, but don't ..really..just don't.

So yeah, there were cool kids in the corner. Some were dancing, but my besties were already playing a video game and I tried to watch. I really did.

And then that BAD BLOOD song came on. And I saw him.

He'd just gotten there. Nobody seemed to notice but me. I almost laughed, but I held it in, making my way to the door.

"Ash? What are you doing here?" Could he feel me smiling all over? Already? I was trying so hard to keep it together. "Isn't it your birthday or something?" I winced, thinking it couldn't be. He's 21.

"Or something." He let a smile slip. Then he put his index finger on my lips. Told to be quiet.

Before I knew it, his hand was resting on my shoulder and I was so close. So perfectly close.

I could see that look from Ethan and Cook. Startled perhaps, but they didn't say a word. Ash was chilling with us tonight. Of course, the party didn't start until Ash got there.

No comments: