Monday, January 25, 2016

Johnny Cade's Daughter #2

Johnny Cade's Daughter



The mysterious note kept me up at night. I Googled what I could, but it was no help. Yes, my father was a mystery. If he really wanted see me, why couldn't he just show up? Would Mom be that mad?

Of course, she was her usual upbeat self. Naturally, I didn't ask her any questions. She seemed OK with everything, lately.

Sure our house was old, but snug. New windows and even a new bathroom. What more could one want?

Well, I could think of a few things. Like a boyfriend. Maybe.

But I didn't have time for that. Maybe it was best to let this mystery linger and hope another clue fall into place. I didn't want to look too hard, or mom might start wondering about me and my grades. That would not be a good thing.

I'm not saying I'm an all A student, but if I work at it... a little, well at least I'm a B student. You know, I like being in the middle. I guess.

And then we got a new English teacher. That was the last thing I was expecting.

And his name was Mr. Cade.

No comments: