Thursday, September 27, 2018

The 30 day Writing Challenge-Your favorite place



I'm beginning to think my favorite place is home now. It hasn't always been that way. There was a time I wanted to leave home, but I have Sara now and things are so different.

I love watching my mom and Sara in the kitchen or discussing my mom's little side venture in essential oils. Its never been profitable, but my mom is more like a scientist than a salesman. To some, she might be a downright kitchen witch. Yet, she's mended my Dad's aches and pains with her mixture of potions and creams. She's helped neighbors too.

Actually, Sara has broadened her cliental. She really is a spokesperson for all my mom's recipes. I never thought I would be happy about this since I've never taken it seriously.

I know, this is not exactly what you thought you would be reading about. I guess you were hoping for some marvel about carhenge or the mouth of the Missouri river.

But having Sara and my mom get along so well making a house a home has made me realise I'm where I want to be.

No comments: